The San Benito County 4-H Youth Development Program (4-H YDP) Committees provide leadership to the 4-H Program within their respective areas and offer insight, review, and input for the operation and management of the 4-H Program.
Committees are comprised of a representative group of 4-H youth and adult volunteers and are appointed by the San Benito 4-H County Council.
Committee Chair Responsibilities
- Convening and facilitating committee meetings
- Ensuring the committee fulfills its charge
- Reviewing and providing feedback on candidates for their committee
- Developing an annual budget, which is approved by County Council
- Sharing committee work with all program stakeholders
- Committees meet throughout the year, through face-to-face meetings, conference calls, and email communications in order to conduct committee business.
Committee terms start on July 1st. Youth terms are one year, renewable for an additional year; Adult Volunteers and Partner terms are for two years.
- Committee sign ups
Budget Request Form - Fill in - Please submit this request by 2nd week of March to the 4-H Office. Committees and all other events and activities should use this form and process for budget requests for funding from the San Benito County 4-H Council. This will allow the Executive Board to properly budget/allocate funds for the next year. Requests for funds should be submitted as a budget item for the upcoming year.