Events & Conferences
Upcoming 4-H Events
4-H events take on a variety of different forms, such as field days, judging, presentation contests, and other educational activities. These educational events serve a variety of functions, including:
- allowing members a place to showcase their work and receive feedback
- an introduction to new topics and opportunity to learn new skills
- reinforce the learning cycle and allow members to apply knowledge gained in 4-H projects
Event & Date
4-H All Star Project Event:
Safety Fair - February 9, 2020
Where: Veteran Building - Main Hall
Samatha Slykas will be hosting a safety fair for all ages. Brian Stow will be a guess speaker. The event will host actives, booths and out reach resources from our community. Come join the fun and be part of this event.
4-H Emerald Star Project Event:
Annual 4-H Pancake Breakfast
Presented by: San Benito County 4-H Clubs
- Date: March 8, 2020
- Time: 7:30 am to Noon
- Location: "New Location" Veteran's Building Main Floor
- Tickets in advance or at door $10.
- Open to the community! Come join the fun.
- Famous 4-H Pancakes
- county potato's
- scrambled eggs
- Hollister Apricot syrup
- coffee, juice or water
- Great community company
Come support the San Benito County 4-H clubs program while enjoying a delicious breakfast cooked by 4-H families!
2nd Annual Educational Series at Disneyland
San Benito County 4-H council is paying for the registration fee for all 4-H members in our county. THIS AN AMAZING $245 VALUE!
FAMILIES ARE RESPONSIBLE FOR HOTEL, TRANSPORTATION AND MEALS.
- Come join the fun March 13-15, 2020
- Offering 3 Disneyland Cast member lead sessions on March 15, 2020 (sunday):
We have three different options to participate in (only may choose one class)
Ages 6 to 19 yrs. old = Designing a Disney Story
(minimum of 10 youth)
Ages 11 to 19 yrs. old = Science of Roller Coasters Assembly (minimum of 75 youth) If we do not reach 75 youth then we will participate in “Properties of Motion Physics Lab”
Ages 11 to 19 yrs. old = Properties of Motion Physics Lab (minimum of 10 youth)
- We are including a two day hopper pass to the park with registration fee and T-Shirt. You may arrive before the event to use the passes.
- Families are responsible for transportation, hotel, and registration.
- 2nd Annual 4-H Disneyland Flier
- Register by January 31st
- Payment due to 4-H office by February 7, 2020
Hotel Special: Tropicana Inn & Suite
$189 per night plus 17% hotel & state tax
2 Queen Beds with pull out couch into another bed sleeps up to 5 people
Reserve hotel by January 31, 2020.
We will charge a 1-night room and tax deposit at the time of booking. The remaining balance will be charged upon check in. Refunds are provided for cancellations made at least 30 days prior to arrival.
Book with Barbara Badalian - Group Reservation code "4-H"
Electric scooters and wheelchairs can be rented from One Stop Mobility. Their phone number is 714-533-1444. And their website is: https://www.onestopmobility.com/.
Fundraiser- Walk a Thon - January 5, 2020.
- All proceeds go directly to the cost of the Disneyland Educational event for the 4-H youth that participate in fundraiser.
- More fundraiser to come!