Become an Adult Leader
Become a 4-H Adult Leader
Our volunteers are a key part of the 4-H Youth Development Program.
By volunteering, you are helping to grow the skills of 4-H youth to be our future leaders.
Ways You Can Volunteer
Volunteering in 4-H is flexible and rewarding. Share your expertise and experience with the youth and other volunteers to make things happen!
Provide administrative support for a 4-H club.
Share your expertise with 4-H youth.
Help shape 4-H in California!
Spend a day or a few hours evaluating 4-H presentations and competitions.
Support 4-H'ers as they plan and execute activities & events
All 4-H volunteers must apply and be appointed annually.
Process to become a new 4-H Adult Volunteer
- Find a club
- 4-H San Benito County clubs
- Contact Julie Katawicz at 831-637-5346 x 13, mobile 831-205-3180 or email@example.com in the San Benito Extension office
- Contact the club leader to learn more about the volunteer opportunities available in the club.
- Screening Process
- Complete the 4-H Volunteer Interest Survey in English or Spanish.
- Complete a California Department of Justice Live Scan background check.
- Download the Request for Live Scan Service Applicant Submission Form
- Take the forms with you to a Live Scan location and get fingerprinted.
- Adult volunteers are responsible for paying any fees charged at the Live Scan location.
- New adult leader Online Training
- Enrollment Key: call 4-H office (831) 637-5346 x13, mobile 831-205-3180 or email firstname.lastname@example.org for this information.
- Create an adult volunteer profile on 4hOnline.*
- 2020-2021 New Adult Leader Enrollment Fee with cash/check discount schedule:
The County Director reviews and approves 4-H volunteer appointments after:
- You are signed up in 4hOnline.
- You have passed the screening process.
- You have completed all of the online New Volunteer training required.
Once you are approved, the fun begins! Thank you for joining our 4-H family!